Reasoning Input Output Complete Explanation with Examples:Hi dear Aspirants. Recently I have received some mails and comments to explain Reasoning Input Output Tricks and Tips to solve them in no time. So I have come up with this simple technique to crack these questions in less time.
Before starting I have to mention one thing, that is generally many would think Input Output is very very tough and time taking. Because of thinking like this they are not knowing that this is also one of the easiest and unable to score more (as far as I know losing 5 to 6 easy marks is losing high chances of being through the test). It is really simple and easy to solve try the following very simple solving method.
What does Input Output in Reasoning consists?
This is nothing but a combination of Numbers and words series in Input changing their patterns in different manner and finally produces an output.
Imagine how a system works when an input is given and output is generated that's it...
Confused.... Don't worry I will explain them in detail with Examples.
Types of Patterns in Input and Output Questions:
Normally in tests they will ask questions in following types
- Arranging the Numbers and words either in Ascending or Descending order as well as Dictionary order.
- All words at one End and all numbers at one end or vice versa
- Otherwise One word and one Number or vice versa (Alternate Rearrangement)
- Some Only Word or Number series will be given
Method to Solve Input Output in Reasoning:As mentioned above no matter how they give only these two type of changes they will follow in rearranging the pattern.
- Swapping the positions
- Shifting the places
Input: 12 hint 43 locate farm 53 junk
Step I: junk hint 43 locate farm 53 12
Shifting means just replacing only one element from its position. (Most commonly used model)
Input: 12 hint 43 locate farm 53 junk
Step I: junk 12 hint 43 locate farm 53
For both above these steps are common
- Everyone has a habit of solving this type from given Input and follows the Steps after that to find the pattern but, what I suggest is first have a glance at FINAL OUTPUT and how they are arranged.
- Second is go to STEP I and see whether they are swapping or shifting the places either one by one for each step or both in the same step.
- Now follow STEP II for confirmation as you will get an idea of how changes are occurring(don't go for all steps as it will consume your time).
- Finally go for tackling the Answers with Main Input.
I know that you are either in fully confused state or in a dilemma how this input output rearrangements reasoning shortcuts really works. Here are the examples for explanation.
Input: hike 35 29 rate interest 43 fixed 46
Step I: 46 hike 35 29 rate interest 43 fixed
Step II: fixed 46 hike 35 29 rate interest 43
Step III: 43 fixed 46 hike 35 29 rate interest
Step IV: hike 43 fixed 46 35 29 rate interest
Step V: 35 hike 43 fixed 46 29 rate interest
Step VI: interest 35 hike 43 fixed 46 29 rate
Step VII: 29 interest 35 hike 43 fixed 46 rate
Step VIII: rate 29 interest 35 hike 43 fixed 46
Here first you have observe how Last step is i.e STEP VIII. One Word and One Number alternate rearrangement. Also words are arranged in Alphabetically Descending order and numbers in Ascending order.
Now see Step I and Step II. In first one biggest number among them is SHIFTED from last to first and in second one Word is shifted i.e only one element was moved in each.
By this you know how the rearrangement process is taken and you can solve the question in no time.
For all this process you require less than a minute, for solving actual input less than 2 minutes (if it requires 8 to 10 steps for output) and finally just by glancing you can save a lot of time like this.